Jikiden Reiki; Wellbeing and life Coaching; Holistic Massage and Body Work Therapies.
GREENWOOD HOLISTIC THERAPIES
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
GDPR bought in revised legal protection for personal information from May 2018. This tells you what personal information I hold and why, and what your rights are.
The Purpose of Processing Client Data
In order to give professional treatments, I will need to gather and retain potentially sensitive information about your health. I will only use this information for informing the treatments and associated recommendations concerning aspects of health and wellbeing which I will offer to you.
Lawful Basis for Holding and Using Client Information
The lawful basis under which I hold and use your information my legitimate interests i.e my requirement to retain the information in order to provide you with the best possible treatment options and advice
a) my requirement to hold your information for the following legal reasons
a. ‘claims occurring’ insurance
b. law regarding children’s records
As I hold special category data (i.e. health related information), the Additional Condition under which I hold and use this information is: for me to fulfill my role as a health care practitioner.
What Information I Hold and What I do With It
In order to give professional treatments, I will need to ask for and keep information about your health. I will only use this for informing the treatments I offer and any advice I give as a result of your treatment. The information to be held is:
I will NOT share your information with anyone else (other than within my own practice, or as required for legal process) without explaining why it is necessary and getting your explicit consent. Your information will be stored in a locked filing cabinet, and any electronic information on a computer will be password protected.
How Long I Retain Your Information For
I will keep your information for the following period;
Your data will not be transferred outside the EU without your consent.
Protecting Your Personal Data
I am committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, I have put in place appropriate technical, physical and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you.
I will contact you using email/phone or text unless you specifically ask me not to. This contact will be with regards to;
GDPR gives you the following rights:
• The right to be informed:
To know how your information will be held and used (this notice).
• The right of access:
To see records of your personal information, so you know what is held about you and can verify it.
• The right to rectification:
To tell me to make changes to your personal information if it is incorrect or incomplete.
• The right to erasure (also called “the right to be forgotten”):
For you to request I erase any information held about you
• The right to restrict processing of personal data:.
You have the right to request limits on how I use your personal information, however this may impact the quality of your treatment
• The right to data portability: under certain circumstances you can request a copy of personal information held electronically so you can reuse it in other systems.
• The right to object:.
To be able to tell me you don’t want me to use certain parts of your information, or only to use it for certain purposes, such as sharing information with another practitioner that is treating you
The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office:
To be able to complain to the ICO if you feel your details are not correct, if they are not being
• used in a way that you have given permission for, or if they are being stored when they don’t have to be.
Full details of your rights can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please use the contact details given above.
If you are dissatisfied with the response you can complain to the Information Commissioner's Office; their contact details are at: www.ico.org.uk
• if you don’t agree to me keeping records of information about you and your treatments, or if you don’t allow me to use the information in the way needed for treatments, I may not be able to treat you
• I have to keep your records of treatment for a certain period as described above, which may mean that even if you ask me to erase any details about you, I may have to keep these details until after that period has passed
• I can move your records between computers and any other IT/phone systems I use, as long as your details are protected from being seen by others without your permission.